Domain name represents your brand name. If you have a domain booked already, you can set it as a custom domain or can buy one from us.
Here is how you can do that:
- Login to your GetMeAShop Dashboard.
- From the left side of the menu, Go to Settings → Custom Domain under Store Setup section. Or you can search from the search bar on the top.
- Custom Domain page will open with the following options:
I already have a domain.
I want to buy a domain (Don't own a domain yet? Register and Buy a domain name for your business. Pick this option).
I already have a domain:
- If you already have a domain for your website, choose this option.
- Enter the domain name (in lowercase letters) that you own and click on "Set Custom Domain" button.
Follow the steps given below to point your domain to your GMAS store:
- Login to your domain provider’s website (from where you booked the domain). For example - Godaddy, Bigrock, google, etc.
- Look for Manage DNS option.
- Once you have opened the DNS, you will see the records like CNAME, A records, etc.
- Add the below records to successfully point your domain to your website.
Note - Mention your username in username.getmeashop.com. For example, alia.getmeashop.com.
I want to buy a domain:
If you don't have a domain booked, you can own one by choosing this option.
After choosing it, click on the Search domain button that will appear.
- Register domain page will open. Now enter your domain name and click on the Go button next to the field.
- The results page will open with a list of available domain names. Click on Book for the one you want to go for.
- As you click on the Book button, you will be directed to Step of the registration process.
- As you reach this page, a list of fields will open.
The domain field will be pre-populated with the domain name booked in the previous step.
Now, fill in the rest of the fields with relevant information.
Then, Click on the Register button at the bottom to register your domain name and it's done.
In case you don't have an option to buy a domain in your subscription plan, click here to buy an add-on.
If you face any trouble, please write to us on firstname.lastname@example.org.